||Global operation expansions plan and 2nd round investment from Interactive Asia
For Immediate Release
The re-launch of LCIFC in December 2000 was extremely successful. Many interactive features were successfully carried out as planned, including shopping mall, discussion forum, auction, chat rooms, live streaming shows etc.
In less than 6 months, we have broken many historical records in LCIFC, including lesliecheung.com site traffic has increased by more than 1000%, member sign-up rate is at an exponential rate; LCIFC teamed up with many business partners, including APEX Music Production, Fun Music, Capital Artist etc, on-line concert ticket reservation has increased by 100% and the content update frequency has been keeping to daily as well. In additional the on-line advertisement revenue has also jumped by 30% comparing to year 2000.
Due to the rapid expansion and healthy growth of LCIFC, the venture capital company Interactive Asia has decided to inject another HK$3.2 millions into the site development and expand LCIFC's operation around the world, from infrastructure to on-line marketing.
The LCIFC management team has preliminary setup the expansion plan for the third and fourth quarter of year 2001. Detail information is as follow.
Slogan: "Moving into eCommerce and digital entertainment age"
Editorial and Content Production Team:
- Focus will be in publishing news and magazine clips before year 1995
- Integrate the content from old LCIFC site, the integration will include music, movie, news and gallery.
- Enhance gallery section by adding exclusive photos, photo book and multimedia files
- Improve album, movie collections with limited length of previewed audio and video streaming files
Application Development Team:
- Improve the enterprise application response rate and eliminated security in programming
- Enhance the FAQ section and add A.I. style help yourself solving the problem agent/robot
- Classified service for public and members to post and exchange items
- Add more easy on-line publishing functionalities to the site administration section
- E-Card service for public
- Customer Relationship Management (eCRM) applications to help our customer support and account team to handle inquiries efficiently
- Implement enterprise load-balanced servers at different locations around the world, this will be transparent to the end user
- Enhance security and reliability by adding cluster nodes and redundant servers.
- Adding more power to the centralized database server
- Focus in increasing revenue from on-line advertising banner
- Pro-actively search for strategy business partners
- Event driven promotion with business community
Human Resources Team:
- Recruit more talented staffs in assistance with the expansion, particularly looking for Web editors, translators, developers and network engineers
At current expansion rate, the projected return of investment and revenue balance should break even by the mid of year 2002.
Public and LCIFC members are welcome to send their suggestions and site improvement recommendations directly to email@example.com
Since 1994, lesliecheung.com has been the leading entertainment portal in the region with members around the world. lesliecheung.com aims to create an one-stop portal for fans around the world to extend their support onto the web and provide latest information about the Hong Kong's most successful artist Leslie Cheung.